Sunday 30 June 2013

Another OPAM finish!

I have only just finished my energised scarf and have it blocked onto my ironing board.  It didn't really take that long to knit but I have been busy working on other things too.


 

I have also just finished combing out my collection of 'fairy floss' lol.  This is with the rest of the matching fleece which is a border leicester cross.  Hopefully in October I will be able to purchase another of these fleeces at shearing time.



Now I took Mum back over to Tongala so she could get some things and I wanted some black merino to go with the fibre I am spinning for Lance's socks.  So when her new carder comes we will be able to turn that lovely box of fairy floss into some mixed batts for spinning.  I also decided to buy us a kilo each of English Leicester.  It has such a beautiful lustre when washed.

Here it is prewashed.



and all washed and one piece prepped.


The staple length is about 8" long when prepped for spinning.

Also to arrive was some beautiful kid mohair that I stumbled across on eBay of all places.  The lovely lady in S.A. used to raise these goats on a farm and it is so soft and beautiful.  I am looking forward to blending some into the jelly sock batts.


Apart from some secret sewing I have made a few more cards to top up the box.  I had another sympathy card to make which I forgot to photograph before sending it off.


There has also been some more knitting on my alpaca blue scarf and some spinning but as it is nothing new I wont worry about boring you all with more photos of the same things lol.  Well off for a bit of a catch up on bloglovin and then some more secret sewing and spinning I think.

13 comments:

Mistea said...

Cool scarf. Love the box of fairy floss, the colours are gorgeous.
Pretty new fleece for your spinning.
Enjoy your projects.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous scarf....beautiful card...your floss looks so good...

barb's creations said...

Beautiful scarf and those candy floss balls look gorgeous can't wait to see what they turn into :) Barb.

Fiona said...

beautiful work... the scarf looks great...
Hugz

Cheryll said...

Your scarf looks amazing... and I love seeing how your wool comes together from start to finish! :)

Monica said...

That English Leicester is really beautiful. I am so peeved that I've become so allergic to wool! I can just imagine a nice cozy sweater from that wool.

Oh well, at least I can live vicariously through you. I am amazed at all your energy! Happy spinning!

shez said...

boy you sure are a busy lady Katherine,i am amazed with how you make your wool,have a lovely day.xx

Sisbabestitches said...

Gorgeous scarf! Really loving how the jelly fair floss has come up so far :) The kid mohair looks yummy.

Claire said...

I love your scarf! I just finished a cowl and forgot how much I love knitting. I L.O.V.E your fairy floss yarn, so badly want it for myself, lol.

Charlie and Wendy said...

Your new scarf is gorgeous, love the pretty cards too!

Jillian said...

You are really on a roll! Your energy is infectious. All your projects look great. The scarf is very pretty. Your wool experiments are going to be great fun to follow. Hope you had a great day.

Anita said...

I love your fairy floss so much I could eat it!! lol. Your scarf is lovely and so are your other projects.
Happy knitting, Anita.

Farm Gate Creations said...

Beautiful, you've certainly been quite busy.