Monday 17 June 2013

Cards and more socks

I needed a Sympathy card in a hurry so made these two up this morning.  I prefer not to have words on my cards but to let the handwritten message inside express what we want to say.



I also started another crochet sock yesterday and almost got it done!  This will only take about 15 mins to finish off the toe and then I can get going on its mate tonight.  While in Bendigo on Saturday I stopped off at the Bendigo Woollen Mills to see if they still had some bags of mohair fibre and they didn't so I had a look around instead and found a pile of sock yarn instead.  This is crocheting up smaller than the other socks but the fit is exactly the same.   I believe it to be a better yarn because the stretch needed is perfect because it is a wool/nylon blend and is a true 4ply sock yarn.


Now what to get up to today.  I think I might chuck a coat on Tess and take her for a walk along the river before it starts raining again.  Fine and sunny here at the moment after a frost.  Then I might just have to do some spinning in the sunshine lol.  Or some stitching also featuring that nice warm sunny window. 

9 comments:

shez said...

those cards are lovely as is the sock Katherine i love the colour of the wool.Yes we have had a bad frost here too,enjoy your walk.xx

Mistea said...

Nice sock! Love the way the stripes worked out.
Sweet cards perfect for any occasion. I'm still planning my walk hoping I won't get wet, though the rain has been very light here.
Enjoy the sunshine in your creating space.

Fiona said...

lovely cards... I like how the variegation in the sock works out... hope you had a good walk...
Hugz

tales from a handmade home said...

Those are beautiful cards Katherine, handmade cards are always so special I think. I've only ever knitted socks but your crochet ones are lovely, is the sock yarn Regia by any chance,Regia always knits up beautifully.

We have rain here at the moment, I fear we may have a repeat of last summer.......rain, rain and more rain......frost sounds nice, I always think frost looks so pretty and puts me in the right frame of mind for knitting.
Kim x

Cheryll said...

Your cards look beautiful! :)

Shirley said...

Your cards are just lovely and so much more personal to write your own words. x

Charlie and Wendy said...

Your cards are lovely and the new sock is gorgeous, love the wool colour!

retdairyqueen said...

So nice to recieve a handmade card and yours are lovely
Love the socks They look so nice and warm

Jillian said...

The sock is terrific - might have to revise my knit-up-what-I've-got policy!