Friday 7 June 2013

FNWF results

8am and the ironing and dishes are done.  Off for a few groceries and a fabric shop after the school run.  The day is going well.



10am Fabric in wash and having a very delicious lemon tart for morning tea.  Traced out the stitchery for the xmas swap sack but that is secret sewing so no pics lol.



Next I finished spinning up the grey bobbin and decided since it was so nice and relaxing sitting in the sun that I would go ahead and ply them too.  So from two single bobbins I have ended up with two full bobbins plied!  Went further than I thought which is good. 







 Here it is skeined off and washed.  It is a bit lighter than the photo and will hopefully look great knitted up.  I have a fair bit more to spin before I have a jumper lot.  


 While I had the skeiner set up I wound off my white homespun.  This is the energised yarn so it is not going to knit up straight.  Instead it will want to head off to one side so I have found a pattern which will allow it to zig/zag itself as a scarf.


 While waiting for Grace at piano lessons tonight I worked another 11/2 inches on my scarf.  The scarf is just over a mtr long now but the ball of wool doesn't seem to be shrinking much.  So I might end up with enough to do a thinner scarf as well.  We'll have to see when this one is finished.  

Now it is after tea and I am going to settle down to do some more knitting.  I think I might leave the hems and pin cushion until tomorrow now.  Almost got to the end of my list but those germs have given me a bit of a headache and I am tired.





12 comments:

shez said...

what a productive day you have had Katherine.xx

marina said...

great going...
won't hurt to leave a little for tomorrow.

Monica said...

I love your tea & sweet photos, they are so appealing! The lemon tart looks tasty.

Your lace scarf is also looking really nice - I love that yarn. Looks like a productive and pleasant day!

tales from a handmade home said...

Beautiful yarn Katherine, you have been busy........the lace scarf is looking good too. x

Mistea said...

Your scarf is coming along nicely. That is a pretty pattern. Love your spun yarn, both of them.
The tea and tart look delicious.
Good progress on that list.
Enjoy the long weekend.

Melody said...

Sounds like a fabulous productive day.

Anita said...

You've had a great day and your scarf is coming along nicely. Always better to have more yarn than not enough.
Cheers, Anita.

Leanne said...

wow, that was a busy day, Your knitting looks great.

Deb R said...

Sounds like a great day!

Deb R said...

Sounds like a great day!

Charlie and Wendy said...

Sounds like a lovely day, your wool looks wonderful and such a beautiful scarf!

Melanie K said...

How productive were you? Absolutely awesome; well done.