Tuesday 11 June 2013

Crochet sock

Well after pulling out bits at certain stages and redoing them I almost have a crochet sock ready to wear lol.  Now not bad for a first off but by tonight I should have the toe finished and the second one well on the way.  I have used some thin 5ply to make this one as a test but they will make great bed socks and are not too thick either.  So with the right sized sock yarn I might just be on a winner lol.






I also decided to restart the zig zag scarf on Saturday night and it looks much better with an edging stitch and deeper strips.  Will take a photo of it later.

Now these two gorgeous balls are waiting until I spin up the other 600gms.  I think it is pretty close to an 8ply too which is handy.





Busy with things in the morning and then as it is going to be nice and wet again I will be happily inside spinning, knitting and starting on my secret sewing for the santa sack over the next few days. 



8 comments:

Mistea said...

Been wondering how the sock was coming along. The pattern I have is a toe up arrangement and I started today after practicing the technique last night. Nice sock.
Pretty yarn you are making.
Enjoy the rainy day projects.

Charlie and Wendy said...

The sock looks great and the balls are a lovely shade of blue. Enjoy your wet weather things.

Fiona said...

home made socks are to me the height of indulgence and comfort....
Hugz

Cheryll said...

Very NiCe... and there is lots of Xmas stitching being done around blogland at the moment. Almost feels like Xmas come early doesn't it! :)

Anita said...

Hi Katherine,
Those socks should be nice and toasty!! They look great.
Cheers, Anita.

Radka said...

Crochet socks - that's a new one for me :-) Looking good!

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

Lovely! I crocheted a pair a few years ago, they make wonderful bed socks. I did them together - meaning I would work a few inches on one, then on the other so I didn't change my tension. I'm not very experienced at crochet so this worked for me.

Jillian said...

Love the blue wool. I came close to enrol ling in a crochet class recently but timing not good. It's not that I am short of things to do, but it looks so good.