Saturday 8 June 2013

Post FNWF and an OPAM and also a birthday stash item

Today I have finished the 2nd pin cushion and hemmed my jeans.  Now I know you can see white in the hem at the moment but after it is washed you do not see it.  So both things only took about 3/4hrs and would have been very achievable last night lol. 


 
Next, while doing loads of washing, I chose a pattern for the 'birthday' wool.

Now why people think it is necessary to wear a leather belts over knits is beyond me.  Looks incredibly stupid really.

So that got me to 8am and wondering what to do next.  Decided on a DVD and have a play with the energised yarn.  Energised basically means an over spun single,  ie not plied together.  It essentially knits sideways.  For it to show better on my scarf I should have made the stripes deeper but I am happy with the result and the slubs in it are ok too. 

It is a beautiful yarn to knit with as it is so soft. 

Then after all that it was lunchtime and walked the doogie for a while and have now decided to pull out some yarn and hook and see if I can crochet a sock lol.  I think that is the to do list covered plus a couple of extra's.  Now I need to concentrate on not making any more knitting projects as I still have a pair of socks, Lance's jumper, blue scarf and white scarf on the list. 

Hope everyone else had a wonderful FNWF too.

17 comments:

shez said...

you have done well katherine,enjoy your long weekend.xx

marina said...

well done ticking all your fnwf items off the list.

Mistea said...

I like the new scarf knitting and I'm with you on the belt issue. Nice cardigan pattern for your gorgeous yarn.
Well done on completing your list. Looking forward to the crochet sock experiment, I have looked at those patterns but thought they would be very thick and uncomfortable. Can't wait to hear how it goes.
Enjoy your weekend.

Maria said...

Great to have completed your sewing projects so you could sit and knit while the machine is churning away.

Maria said...

Great to have completed your sewing projects so you could sit and knit while the machine is churning away.

Monica said...

I like that cardigan pattern. I imagine the belt photo is just to show you another option for wearing it, given that there don't seem to be buttons.

I love the pincushion too. You're on a roll!

Deb R said...

I like your knitted cardigan too! Sounds like your enjoying your weekend!

Farm Gate Creations said...

Isn't it great, just to get some things finished.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

gorgeous pin cushion and the knitting is beautiful...

Simone Harding said...

I like your pattern. Love your pin cushion too

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Your making me wish I could knit. Enjoy your weekend. hugs

Anthea said...

Beautiful work there Katherine... you are a true crafter when you have so many projects on the go at the same time!! x

Charlie and Wendy said...

You did so well ticking things off your list! Lovely pincushion!!

Melanie K said...

Love the pincushion, great crotchet too. You've inspired me - thank you

Shirley said...

The pin cushion is so lovely x

Jillian said...

The Persian wool looks great - put it on my list for when I've knitted up what I have! Lovely pattern. I agree about belts - reduces comfort, which is one of the best things about knits ( and I thought that even in the days when my waist was worth drawing attention to!)

Jillian said...

The Persian wool looks great - put it on my list for when I've knitted up what I have! Lovely pattern. I agree about belts - reduces comfort, which is one of the best things about knits ( and I thought that even in the days when my waist was worth drawing attention to!)