Sunday 7 July 2013

FNWF or more like SNWF

Well after having people over for tea on Friday night I decided it would be a Saturday with Friends for me lol. 

Sarah wanted to go driving to Bendigo in the morning to get her hours up so that was ok and we were back home by 1pm.  Also gave me a chance to drop into the Bendigo Woollen Mills to have a look at their spinning tops/roving.  Found a few different smaller bags so grabbed them to have a try with.  Pics later in the week.  Yes more fibre pics lol.  I did head over to Mum and Dad's to share out what I bought too and to show Mum how it spun up. 

So eventually I decided that merino/bamboo mix I had been spinning for some socks for Lance was calling me.  Out came the swift to wind them into balls and then I cast on and got this far before thinking they were looking a bit big but because I didn't have a model to try them on I stopped and worked some more on my other socks. 




This morning I decided to transfer over to a circular needle to try them on and have now decided to start the size smaller and see which will be better.  I  have a sneaking suspicion that the smaller size will be the correct size.  I should have measured Lance's foot before he headed off to work lol.
Its a quick pattern to work anyway as it is sportsweight or 5ply and has a simple skip stitch and rib in it.  Not that you can see the pattern clearly.  I am very pleased with the wool I spun up as it is just so soft and warm to work with.  SO here we are starting again lol.  Trial and error!


SO it was a very different FNWF's and I am enjoying popping over to see what everyone else is doing too.

12 comments:

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

I'm certainly impressed! Please show us your spinning apparatus someday, with detailed pics!

Charlie and Wendy said...

Your knitting is lovely, love your different wools!

shez said...

lovely Katherine,and stunning colours.xx

Deb R said...

I agree your colours and knitting is lovely!

kim said...

Beautiful cosy yarn Katherine.......I've used the Simple Skyp sock pattern for OH, it's a lovely stitch.

Anthea said...

Really great knitting there Katherine! You are so clever to actually spin it & all that, even before the knitting of it x

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

I dont knit so i sit here in total Awe of your work and love the colours you have chosen. huge

Jillian said...

Fabulous wool - and such even knitting. I love the way you just work up two sizes at the same time - piece of cake (not)!

Mistea said...

Gorgeous home spun. Lucky mr L.
Those toe ups are coming along nicely too.
Enjoy your new fleece.

Michelle Ridgway said...

You are so clever spinning as well as beautiful knitting.

Cheryll said...

Well... Saturday is fine too...lol ! Love the colours in the fleece. Thanks for your company at FNWF :)

Claire said...

I think I have knitting envy. Blown away here.