Saturday 15 June 2013

OPAM finish!

Well the socks are finished!  Such a quick way of doing them that I might experiment with some more over the next week.  Need to get a few other things worked on in the meantime lol.





Like spinning this up so I can get some socks made for Lance.  It is a merino/bamboo mixed roving available from http://www.ewegivemetheknits.com/store/Default.asp over at Tongala.  I thought a couple of bags of this would go great with some of the dark grey fleece I already have and even plyed together and I would have plenty of options for socks. 




The real reason for going to Tongala on Wednesday was to pick these hand carders up that I ordered last week.  Plus I was able to take my mum over for a look too.  She bought some lovely circular needles with bamboo on the ends as they are now easier for her to knit with as the weight is sitting in your lap rather than on your shoulders and hands.  Plus she also got 4 lots of a soft pink through to grey blend as well.  I believe she is heading back over on Monday with Pa to pick up another couple of bags in the hope she might get a jacket out of it.  I recon Pa will be a bit nervous as to what else might find its way home lol.  Last time, to a different lady, there was 10kg of different fleeces in the back of the car.  Mind you one of those bags did come to my house.  But she was very cheap with her fleece and it is a bit like collecting fabric really.  Now has that got you really nervous now Pa!






So that's about all that I can show as some of the sewing is secrets sewing for my santa sack.



8 comments:

Fiona said...

haha... love the idea of a stash of fleece too.... that is really pretty colours and well done with the sock!
Hugz

Cheryll said...

You are one clever lady...
And are you humming JiNGLe BeLLs while you sew? lol... :)

Mistea said...

Like the look of your sock.
Gorgeous fleece blend making pretty spinning.
Enjoy the secret sewing.

shez said...

you sure are clever Katherine,well done.xx

marina said...

lovely new sock and your new fleece is spinning up nicely.
I love the name of that website it makes me giggle it's so clever.

Melody said...

Fabulous socks and the fleece is gorgeous too.

Shirley said...

I can't get over how many socks you make, do you not sleep woman :;) x

Jillian said...

Socks look great and I love the roving.