Saturday 30 March 2013

Quilting

I have also pulled out this long term project to finish quilting the borders.  I have been quilting it now for about 10 years.  I think what has been putting me off was the fact that the flower design down the sides had to be stitched through tissue paper which I find is a real pain to do.  But not any more lol.  I have a fine white marking pen put out by Clover that irons out and it has been working with great success.  So I have made a template  that I can now just trace around.  I have two more flowers to stitch and then I can start on the final side as long as it stays cool that is.

7 comments:

Shirley said...

It's really great when we find something that helps us with a job, love all the floral prints on this quilt.

Mistea said...

This quilt looks pretty. Glad you have found a solution and will soon be done. The cool is very welcome, let's hope it stays.
Enjoy flowering.

Monica said...

This looks like a nice project. I've had something similar in mind with the stitched hearts. It will be nice to finish it!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Happy quilting....very pretty.

Anthea said...

It's great that the Clover pen is so helpful, amazing how things progress in 10 years!

Fiona said...

lovely quilt - I'm glad you are back to it... thanks for the info about the fine white marker... I have had so much trouble finding something for the dark colours... will look out for it...
Hugz

Jillian said...

Sounds like it's worth waiting ten years for! Reckon you'll have your cool weather to keep stitching so have fun. Happy Easter too!