Friday 1 March 2013

Friday Night With Friends

Yay it's FNWF and I have just made an achievement!  There will be no more buttonhole applique lol.  I have in the last hour traced, cut out and needle turned this bird to a 6.5" block!  Couldn't believe how little time it took.  I can see myself doing more of this.  Why did it take me so long lol.

I have decided I would like to turn it into a circle which will then be appliqued with large ric rac onto a book cover.  I'll do that bit tomorrow in better light as the pic isn't that good either.  I will french knot an eye later too.

The other project I have been working on was cutting out some more Farmer's Wife blocks and have them ready for sewing.

I have also finished stitching the wren and will start on the other bits after some blogging.  It has been quite a productive day.


Also Lance had his ultrasound yesterday and it is the first time I have seen the size of the aneurysm.  It measured almost 3.5cm across so it would have caused quite a lot of damage had it burst or broke off.  But so far it is looking very stable and Lance will have another week off work to make sure he is out of the danger period before life gets back to normal.  The haematoma has also nearly resolved too which is excellent.

Happy FNWF stitching everyone.

8 comments:

Mistea said...

Two cute birds you have been busy.
So far I've mostly been unravelling!
Enjoy stitching.

Jillian said...

I'm impressed by the needleturning - I didn't know it had a name! Your wren is fantastic- great work. So glad things are working out for Lance.

marina said...

your little wren looks gorgeous!! Well done on mastering the needleturn. I want to try it too one day.
Glad to hear Lance is ok. Scary stuff.

Anita said...

Hi Katherine,
I love birds and they're pretty special in craft things too. Hope everything gets into order for you healthwise.
Regards, Anita.

Val Spiers said...

Cute birds. Your needle turn work looks great.

Maria said...

Beautiful work on those projects!

Sisbabestitches said...

Oh well done on your needleturn, it looks lovely. Your blue wren is so sweet. Good news about hubby :)

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Love your birds. The wren is gorgeous! I love the color.