Monday 11 March 2013

Over the last week....

Snow Central

Remember this project I started on well it is all buttonholed with the exception of some parts of the house which I will have to do on the machine.  The old visofix stuff I used has made it way too hard to push a needle through due to the layers so I will complete this on the machine.  I also cheated and did the snowmen by machine too.

This is an old photo I will share a new one when it is completed.  I wish now I needle turned it lol.  If only I knew how easy it actually is back when I started this project.


Deerfield

Now this is one of a set of pillow slips I made a few years ago.  The designs and stitches are typical deerfield style and it was a project from Inspirations magazine.  Not sure of the issue but I can find out if anyone wants to know more.



Teacups and Roses table mat

I have finally started stitching on the table mat that Michelle had published in the latest Country Threads magazine.  I have decided to use my collection of Cottage Garden threads to do it and am loving picking the colours as I stitch along.  I did buy a few weeks back a green and red toned threads to match in with the fabrics I have used.  So far the colours used are
Sweet melon 1104
Ash 201
Tea rose 805
Wattle blossom 309 
Gorgeous names for threads too.  Not bad for a couple of hours sewing over the last two nights either.


Farmers Wife

I have also cut out a couple of Farmers wife blocks and got them sewn too.

Prairie Queen (who is a tiny bit wonky)

Wrench


Lance

Lance has also been cleared to go back to work this morning on very restricted duties.  I have loved having him home.  So as long as things go well over the next three weeks we will be over the risk period of the clot that formed in the aneurysm shifting and life can go back to better than normal for us.  Having the blood pressure lowered to a normal level has made a big difference to Lance's general health already because we have dropped about 3 of the 8 medications.  The others will have to stay but it does make you wonder how they interact with each other.  So hopefully our rotten start to the year has finished and it can only improve.  How about winning Tatts!  Now surely its our turn for the numbers to come up in the next big draw lol.  I'm not greedy I only want about $40,000.  So now that we know things are on the up this will be the last I post about such things but thank you for your support and kind words.  I don't know any of you personally but it did help me immensely to be able to share the stress around and see that there are some very wonderful people out there in blogland.

17 comments:

Cheryll said...

Your stitches look perfect... simply wonderful work on ALL the embroidery pieces! :)

barb's creations said...

Glad to hear lance is feeling much better and is going back to work,slowly but surely life will become closer to normal for you and your family.Looks like you've kept yourself busy with all these beautiful projects....love the pillowcase,blue and white always look lovely together :) Barb.

Fiona said...

Such beautiful projects.... I was looking at Deerfield the other day... so effective and I love how your teacups are turning out....
So good to hear Lance is so much better... such a hard time for all of you.... good luck iwth the Lotto!!
Hugz

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

So pleased that Lance is on the mend. i too want to win that's lotto but I keep forgetting to buy the tickets!

marina said...

great that Lance is back to normal activities and blood pressure on the down. Love your pillow case, it's gorgeous and your little blocks are so lovely.
Enjoy stitching your new project.

Mistea said...

Snow central is looking gorgeous - don't suppose you have magical powers to conjure the real thing for me? I really am done with summer!
Cute stitching on the pretty runner project in those beautiful colours.
That's excellent news about Lance. Hope it just gets better from here.
Enjoy stitching.

Maria said...

Delighted to read the your DH Lance is on the up and up.. Great..

Sew many beautiful projects you have worked on..
Nice FW blocks Katherine.

shez said...

beautiful work Katherine and so glad Lance is doing so well.xx

Monica said...

I'm glad things are progressing well with Lance. You've certainly had a full plate recently! It's definitely time for some fun. :)

Jeanette said...

You've been busy. Love the tree skirt & your pillow slips. What is the number of the country threads please. With them being sealed i don't want to buy the wrong one.Hugs,xx

Charlie and Wendy said...

So many beautiful projects, your embroidery is gorgeous. Glad to hear your husband has improved, I hope he keeps getting better!

Radka said...

Good news about Lance! :-))
I love your blue embroidery on the pillow, it is beautiful, Katherine!

Sharyn T said...

Your pillowcase stitching is Devine Katerine. Sharyn:)

Wendy B said...

Love Love LOVE the deerfield project Katherine!!! looks amazing! and glad to hear Hubby is on the improve! Hope it continues onward and upward! Are my eyes deceiving me or is the bottom 4-patch in the Prairie Queen block around the wrong way???...not meaning to be picky but I didn't know if you noticed!?
Love cottage garden threads and yes the names are delightful aren't they? Your stitching is just perfect! I do hope that lotto draw lands in your lap one day soon!
xox sugary hugs
Wendy :O)

Anthea said...

Katherine, I love the stitching of the Michelle table runner - very pretty threads!
You have been very busy with your sewing, gorgeous work.
Great to read that Lance is going well, thanks for sharing the challenge with your readers, it's been a rough start to 2013, so lets hope things stay on the upper now!! x

Jindi's Cottage said...

That's a great tally for a week...well done...great news about Lance, fingers and toes crossed that everything continues to go well...

Jillian said...

Such beautiful things. I really love the Deerfield and the teacups are lovely. Hope Lance continues to improve and things settle into a new relaxed normal.