Saturday 16 March 2013

Heat packs

Two more finishes yay!

Now the insert isn't too flash but this is how I do all of mine filled with cheap rice.  I sew up three sides then channel them.  Fill each channel just over half full and sew the top of each channel individually.  Then lay it out and evenly distribute rice and put the machine on the slowest speed with the longest stitch length possible and very slowly stitch through the middle of the piece.  Nice and slow will save the needle but I usually use an older needle for this as I would expect it to dull the point a bit and if it does break it doesn't really matter. If you have an overlocker you could run round the edge to tidy it up.  If it was as a gift I would certainly do it.




I think I am over squares now and am going to have a nice cup of tea and look about on blogger lol.  Only 20 squares left of prints that I don't particularly like so I think I might just turf them lol.

7 comments:

Cheryll said...

Not only a machine but you are on TuRBo boost!!! Well done! :)

shez said...

great job Katherine.xx

Mistea said...

Nice work!
They'll be soothing for someone soon.

Fiona said...

love the way you get the rice to stay evenly distributed.... and such pretty bags for them...
Hugz

Anita said...

You're a clever budgie!!! Thanks for the tip about using an older needle too doing these sort of projects. Have a great day.
Cheers, Anita.

Jillian said...

Thanks for the clear instructions. Makes a lot of sense. Might try one.

Charlie and Wendy said...

You are doing so well getting things finished and they all look beautiful!!