Saturday 16 March 2013

OPAM's and progress

I now have the table mat ready for quilting.  I might do it by hand this time but am still thinking about it.

The pics aren't the best at 6.30am lol but you get the idea.  I have finished it off by using more of the Cottage Garden Threads.  Colours used are 401 delphinium, 303 wheat and 905 lamb's ear.  Michelle's project has been really fun to stitch and I have really enjoyed it so far.  

These are the white triangle pillowslips that I made to replace the nasty poly/cotton ones.  Very pleased and I might make another pair later with some battenburg lace trim on the edge that opens.  I will add these to my OPAM March list.

Finally for the moment I have another OPAM finish with the ironing board cover.  I had some thickish wool batting just the right size to used it too and it is wonderful for ironing on.  But it is not so nice to quilt through so didn't end up quilting it as much as I would have preferred.  I still have those slightly wonky squares left so will make a cover to go over my machine today lol.  That should almost see them and a lot more calico scraps used up too.

Well off to get busy again .... be back later

7 comments:

marina said...

well done on your finishes!
your table mat is very sweet. Love the swish ironing board cover. Need one of them soon.
Happy sewing!

Cheryll said...

Oh you have been busy with some great projects! Well done! :)

Fiona said...

How pretty your stitcheries have come out.... and lovely new ironing board cover... perfect...
Hugz

shez said...

such lovely work Karen and cant wait to see Michelle's runner put together.xx

shez said...

such lovely work Karen and cant wait to see Michelle's runner put together.xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

You have done a lovely job on the table runner. So glad you enjoyed it.

Jillian said...

Runner is good - but ironing board cover is brilliant! Great idea.