Wednesday 20 February 2013

New project

Now this is going to be my version of Michelle Ridgeway's latest project featured in Country Threads Vol 13 No 10.  Its all drawn up and stitched to the point of finding some fabric for the butterflies either end.  Not sure what I will use yet.  I must say it sewed up great to this point and I am looking forward to starting the stitching later.  Maybe I should finish my wren first.  Or at least the tree skirt I am still slowly working on lol.


I've even organised the wadding, backing and binding fabric.  I will bind it in the plain green and will do it the old fashioned way stitching it by hand I think.

See I said I would be very productive didn't I.  Haven't heard a thing about Lance yet and it has just gone 1pm.  Last I heard was at 8.30 just before he headed into the hospital so don't know exactly when it was all going to happen.  No doubt someone will ring me later.  Now back to work on something else to keep me busy.  I think I would like a mat to go under my machine and a matching cover for it too.  I have a little box of 2.5" floral squares somewhere.  Might just have to pull that out now.  Fantastic to be making things from my little stash of scraps etc.

4 comments:

shez said...

cant wait to see it Katherine.xx

Mistea said...

Enjoy stitching the time away while Lance is being looked after.
Pretty colours.

Sharyn T said...

Pretty fabrics Katherine. Sharyn:)

Michelle Ridgway said...

It should look very sweet Katherine in those fabrics. I hope you enjoy stitching it. I do hope Lance is OK.