Wednesday 20 February 2013

Another finish!

Have you had enough of my blogging yet lol.

This afternoon after finishing off those journals I decided to pull out a little box of squares that were cut for a quilt many years ago.  They are of course leftovers so thought I should make something up with them.  Pondered what for a while and decided I want to makeover my sewing area.  Really it just needed a tidy and Tess's toys fixed.

These are my wonky pile of squares.  I just randomly started sewing them together.  Some of them are a little out with the cutting so what I don't use I might go back through and re-cut some a little smaller and chuck the rest.

Here's my messy table looks quite icky really lol.

Had another go of machining on the binding and am much happier with the results although I could still do better.  

I've decided I need a new pin cushion and one of those lovely thread catchers.  Just need to find a pattern and I will be able to create some to match the patchwork topper.  I have decided not to make a cover for the machine as I do prefer to use the hard cover.

I have finally heard late this afternoon that Lance is doing well after his procedure.  Such a relief and hopefully I will be able to pick him up tomorrow.  It will take a little while before we know if it has worked so fingers crossed it has.  

Now off to play around a bit more or should this little night owl get an early night.  Maybe a cup of tea and a pattern search first.

4 comments:

marina said...

good news about Lance,
you definitely have been busy. Lovely topper and all your crafty projects.
Love your little cottage stitcheries, they are gorgeous in the two colour ways.

Noela said...

Your machine mat is looking good. Glad to hear your good news, I'm sure you are very relieved. Hugs....

Monica said...

I'm glad Lance is well! Hopefully he is nicely fixed up now.

Your mat looks very cheerful. It's always great to use up the leftovers!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Oh I wish my sewing table looked like that. Lovely work on your mat.