Tuesday 19 February 2013

A finish! OPAM

After lunch I started work on this project which has been sitting around for quite some time since I finished the embroidery and cut the fabrics.  Today it went from this ...

to this ...

and finally this ...

I ditch quilted it and did that back to front machine binding.  It is quicker but my corners could have been a bit better than they are.  A couple are a little wonky but that's ok as there are a few wonky bits in the patchwork too lol.

The embroidery was completed last January and I used 1 strand of Cottage Garden thread to work it.  I also completed a blue version for my Mum's birthday last year.   The pattern is a red work design called Quilter's cottage in an orchard by Willow Valley Store.  I worked my border differently than the one pictured in the pattern.  


Here's a pic of the blue version featuring some William Morris fabrics.  This is just before I stitched down the binding.  Can't find the finished pic.

Now I said I was going to be productive lol.   Off to do something with those gorgeous leftover fabrics for the birthday stash item for February.  

10 comments:

Mistea said...

Both your versions are pretty. Love the red one of course.
Enjoy your little quilt.

Sharyn T said...

I don't know which version I like the best Katherine. Both lovely. Sharyn:)

Michelle Ridgway said...

I agree both are gorgeous.

Melody said...

Wow, two gorgeous mini quilts. Well done.

shez said...

wow both these are fantastic Katherine,well done.xx

Monica said...

Yes, I also prefer the red one, although the William Morris fabrics are also beautiful. I always gravitate to the roses, though!

Radka said...

What a pretty pattern! Both colours are lovely, although I do prefer the red one. Really nice, Katherine :-)

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

both look fantastic, well done. hugs

Charlie and Wendy said...

You have been busy, both the mini quilts are gorgeous.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Georgeous cottages...fabulous mini quilts, so pretty...