Saturday 2 February 2013

FNWF results

Well there was pizza for tea and I didn't even need to go and get it lol.  Had a great time too.

Firstly before tea I sat down and made about 20 suffolk puffs.  That brings the total to 245!  Might actually get this quilt made this year lol.  I wont bore you with pics.

Next I decided to make up one set of dog toys to see if Tess likes them before working on the others.  The fabric for them is from my Mum's scrap bag and some squeakers and rattles that I purchased online.  It only took two days and they arrived too.  Very fast.  So these are the first OPAMs for February.


Next I decided to start a new project from the latest copy of Inspirations.  Called Royal Blue by Trish Burr, it is an Australian Fairy Wren.  We have these wrens in our garden and they do turn a splendid blue like this one during mating season.   I think I will frame him when finished.
Well had better get a move on and hang out the washing, walk the dog and do some grocery shopping so that I can get back to sewing today lol.  Going to be perfect weather to sit outside and stitch too.  Nice and cool!

15 comments:

barb's creations said...

Love the fairy wren,so pretty.Where did you get the squeeker parts for the dog toys you made,great idea! I have a dog here that would love one made by her mummy :) Barb.

Jeanette said...

Love the dog toys. The blue wren looks good. Hugs,xx

marina said...

great dog toys and your new project is amazing, looking forward to your progress.

shez said...

great toys for the puppies and love that wren.xx

Fiona said...

another beautiful embroidery to watch.... we get them too but they are a different variety and not quite as blue.... still sweet though..
how fun are those dog toys... never thought of getting in squeakers and shakers...
Hugz

Cheryll said...

What a successful FNWF you had. Feels good to get a finish or two I bet! Love the Blue bird you've started too :)

Mistea said...

That's a lot of puffs.
Lovely toys for the dog.
Nice stitching too.
Enjoy your time outside.

Sue B said...

Lovely doggy toys, and that wren will be pretty

Noela said...

Love the dog toys. The wren stitchery is going to be beautiful when finished. Hugs.....

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your stitching is lovely.....and the dog toys are fantastic...my two boys love toys maybe I should make some for them...

Sharyn T said...

Good going Katherine. Are you making the puffs for a quilt top? Sounds interesting. Sharyn:)

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lucky doggies. I love the little fairy wrens. I am sure it will be up to your usual standard....gorgeous!!!!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Love the idea of the doggie toys, they look very doggie tempting...there'd be no point making any for Jindi, she'd have them torn to shreds in less time that it would take me to make them!...I'm sure Tess will appreciate your efforts and have fun playing with them rather than be a destructo dog...looking forward to seeing your Blue Wren, they are such happy pretty little birds...

Charlie and Wendy said...

The dog toys are a great idea. Love the start on your wren, beautiful colours.

Jillian said...

Did Tess like them? I admire you taking on the wren. It's looking good.