Saturday 5 January 2013

Friday Night with Friends

I started my FNWF in the morning and by 10am that was it for stitching here.  The day was extremely hot and two appointments ended up taking all day!  Mmmmm was not very impressed with anything so just watched some NZ cop thing on tv and went to bed.  But I did manage to make up a practise notebook cover which I really don't like and then I made up Magnolia.  I am thrilled with the way it turned out.  After appliquéing on some odd hexies and using a very thin scrap of wadding I hate it as  it doesn't sit all that well in a cover.  On Magnolia I used very stiff interfacing attached to the liner only and it has worked out brilliantly.  I have also almost finished a monogram which will be added as a bookmark on a piece of ric rac.



The hexie one was going to be my offering for the birthday stash this month but I have totally changed my mind.  I think I will unpick it with scissors and repeat the process and make it for a smaller notebook lol.

Off now to see what everyone else has been creating ....... also praying for a cool change and thinking of those going through more horrendous situations re fires etc.  Just need to remember that there is always someone worse off than ourselves.

21 comments:

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

I use Parlan for my notebooks etc. here is the link if you like to take a look

https://www.underthemulberrytree.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1022&osCsid=7b51d48970485f0e21f88a310bfd891e

stay cool, another hot one today. hugs

Mistea said...

The note book is gorgeous with your beautiful stitching. Looks like a perfect combination with the linen.
Hope your weather changes as it is a perfect day here today. One of the advantages of living near the beach.
Enjoy the weekend.

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

The magnolia is lovely! I'm looking forward to seeing the monogram.

marina said...

your magnolia cover looks gorgeous, the hexie one looks lovely too.
great photo of merlin, such a handsome cat.

Anthea said...

The magnolia has finished so beautifully Katherine!
What a shame about the hexy cover, well it's all learning I guess.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful notebook cover you made with the magnolia. Love the hexie one too. Hugs,xx.

Charlie and Wendy said...

The magnolia journal cover is gorgeous. I'm sure you'll work it out with the hexie one too!

Anita said...

The magnolia looks really nice. I hear what you are saying when you ask for a cool change....even 38C would be lovely for us too. Hang in there.
Cheers, Anita.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your Magnolia journal is gorgeous and I like your Hexie one too. Yes thoughts go out to those in dire straights.
Hugs xx

Simone said...

love the journal covers. I also wish the temperature would just drop a little

FleurBleue said...

Bonjour from France, just popped in from Cherylls' to admire your work and to wish you a Bonne Annee.

Beautiful work.

Fiona x

Cheryll said...

L-O-V-E your project choice for FnwF! Look forward to seeing the other one finished too. Thanks for your company :)

Fiona said...

your magnolia one is exquisite and I think the hexies look fine too but in the end you need to be happy with it...
Hugz

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Pretty notebooks. Love the magnolia stitching.

Jillian said...

Magnolia cover is truly lovely. You'll get the hexies as you want eventually. Not much relief from the heat in sight here - but at least it isn't 45 as it was last week.

Sisbabestitches said...

Really like your notebook covers, magnolia has turned out beautifully. Hope you have luck with changing the hexie one, it really deserves to be a proper cover that you like :)

Marilyn said...

The magnolia one is gorgeous. The hexie one looks fine in the pic but you have to be happy with it. Great idea, so maybe with different wadding you will come to love it also.

Radka said...

Your Magnolia book is so lovely, Katherine, well done!

Monica said...

The magnolia looks fantastic. Good plan to make a practice cover first! I should do that more often too. It's always better in the long run.

Stay cool!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Magnolia looks fantastic...well done...

Wendy B said...

is it just me??? I can't see a thing wrong with the hexie cover.....looks noice!!!! Magnolia is simply beautiful !
Hope the cool change came soon enough too.
xox sugary hugs
Wendy :O)