Saturday 21 June 2014

Today .........

is a cold, damp miserable day and I decide to dye fibre! Outside! 

Old Gaywool dye Paw paw

Landscapes Saltmarsh

Old Gaywool logwood
so once they have all cooled down in their buckets I will be able to rinse them through and get them drying on a rack outside.  Complete madness really.

The logwood and saltmarsh will be blended with some sparkle and other fibre to create a nice yarn.  Well I hope lol.  The lady who has asked me to make some sparkle yarn wears a lot of browns and greens and wants something arty.  She was eyeing off that beaded yarn I made into a scarf quite some time ago.  I said I will make up some different ones and she can purchase from those.  Lets face it they will not go to waste anyway although I don't think she would want to pay for the beaded yarn took soooo long to spin up.  Hate stringing beads!


1 comment:

Jillian said...

Lovely subtle colours. Our weather has been foul too. I certainly haven't Ben outside dyeing fibre! Really love the paw paw.