Saturday 21 June 2014

Lace weight yarn!

Well I have finished spinning up the singles and let them rest so it was onto plying them together this morning, yes while dying fibre lol and washing clothes. 

I needed to use one of Merlin's favourite spots to get some pics lol.  Not sure he was very impressed with me or my fluff after a while!



I think it has come up quite well and although this photo shows it still a bit damp it is looking promising with no kinking and is well balanced.  Not sure I have achieved the stretch like in the tutorial but it is there and will look forward to it drying enough to ball up and test knit some lace.





Its only a little skein but there is a lot of metres in there.  Will take note of the weight and meterage when it is dry so that I can compare any future skeins with a little maths.



2 comments:

Jillian said...

I love the amount of wool per weight you get with lace weight. It. Seems so economical and a bit magic. This looks pretty good.

Monica said...

Your lace weight yarn looks just beautiful, Katherine! Really soft and light. Like you were, I am amazed that it didn't felt with scrubbing. Maybe it is a property of Merino?

Can't wait to see your test swatch for this one!