Saturday 7 June 2014

New fleece to try

Two weekends ago I was given two rather seedy fleeces in a bag by a chap Lance has got to know very well through his Saturday job.  I very quickly washed up a small handful and whipped it through the carder before very quickly spinning it up and doing a test square.  It is soft but a tiny bit scratchy so will make great jumpers.  Because it was a very quick test you can see there is some blue, grey and white through it.  Not a bad blend really from the scraps left on Mum's drum carder lol.

Lance has just rung to tell me he has received another three bags of fleece.  Sadly I will have to wait for him to get home before I will find out lol.  Tease! 


Poll Dorset X witpol X Dorper

Here's two pics of the sheep that the fleece came from.



2 comments:

Jillian said...

Lovely colour - sounds as if it will be good for outer- wear.

Monica said...

Gosh, it's very dark, isn't it? But I agree with Jillian, it could even be a nice jacket. Is one fleece enough for a jacket? I have no idea.