Saturday 7 June 2014

Birthday and Mother's Day

Had a lovely two weekends with Mother's Day and my birthday in May.  I have been very tardy with blogging so have scheduled a heap of posts so I don't bore you all in one hit lol.  Pictured are my lovely fibre/knitting related gifts!  Surprise! LOL.



Now the Erica Knight 'Essential crochet' was picked up by Lance in Melbourne as a surprise mothers day gift.  There is a shop up in the DFO area of the station that has piles of cheap books and so many knitting and crochet ones.  There are loads of fantastic projects in this one.  The tea and tea pot were from my parents and it is a small one person pot.  There were of course Lindt chocolates too!

I also received a lovely embroidery project satchel from Anthea too.  Which is beautifully made and believe it or not will be put to good use very soon.  I have some new cushion covers in the planning stage and would like to do a stitchery centre for them. 







We have also had a sad time with Lance's Uncle Bernie, who has been in aged care for quite some time, being told he has heart failure.  There have been lots of visits during May since the diagnosis which have been good because Bernie was still quite with it until the last week when the morphine was started.  So Bernie, who was more like a father to Lance, passed away peacefully in his sleep in the early hours of Monday 26th May. 

2 comments:

Jillian said...

Katherine, so sorry for your loss of Uncle Bernie. That wasn't a good week. Best wishes to Lance.
Mother's Day haul looked good.

Monica said...

Quite a rollercoaster you've been on! I am sorry for your loss.

You still had a nice haul for your birthday and Mother's Day, though! I wonder if the toy making book is a hint?