Saturday 14 July 2012

FNSI results

Well I had planned to sew during the day and knit at night but just did the sewing.  I also managed to frame some embroidery I completed last year.




As you can see from the picture in Homespun magazine I have changed colours of some blocks.  Basically I did all the prep for the applique blocks yesterday with the exception of the family and togetherness blocks which I had already started to stitch.  I am also considering moving a few of the bottom blocks shown in the magazine around to separate those dresden plates.  I chose not to do needleturn but will do a tiny buttonhole instead.  During the week I will start on the stitching of the panels as picking thread colours will now be so much easier with the colours of the patchwork to draw from.

Now off to visit some other FNSI blogs ......

10 comments:

Radka said...

Well Katherine, you have been busy bee!
I agree with you on the buttonhole stitch, I prefer it to needleturn as well.

Monica said...

I remember that bird! He looks great framed.

Thank you for posting the photo from the magazine. Now I can see where you're headed! It's going to be really nice. I bet you already had a lot of those fabrics.

Looks like you had a very productive day!

shez said...

well what a great achievement for FNSI Katherine,your projects are fantastic,well done.xx

Anthea said...

Hi Katherine the framing looks great to show off your clever embroidery. I love the look of that quilt, I will be watching for your progress with it, you've chosen some great colours...

Fiona said...

the framed embroidery pieces are just gorgeous... it's wonderful to have them where they can be seen... the we are family is a big project.. it will be such fun watching it grow...
Hugz

Mistea said...

Your blocks are looking gorgeous - Love the colours you are using too.
Enjoy the stitching.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Your framed stitcheries are gorgeous...great use of FNSI, two finishes! I like the green in your blocks, it will be so pretty.

Linda said...

Absolutely gorgeous work Katherine, congratulations. I love your embroideries. I am so pleased you've had some time to concentrate on the things that make you happy. It's always a pleasure to come here and see how much you get done. Cheers.

Elizabeth Newton said...

Hi Katherine,
We'd love you to send us some pics for Readers' Showcase when you've finished your We Are Family - no hurry of course. It's looking great.
Deputy Editor, Homespun

Elizabeth Newton said...

Hi Katherine,
We'd love you to send us some pics for Readers' Showcase when you've finished your We Are Family - it's looking great. There's no hurry of course!
Deputy Editor, Homespun