Friday 6 July 2012

A funny thing happened ....

well something I would not have expected but apparently the post of my stitchery blocks has attracted the attention of the deputy editor of homespun magazine.  Really never expected such interest lol.  They would like me to send some pics through when I finish it to the readers page.  I thought it was a hoax but double checked the name in the front of a magazine.  Looks real enough lol.  Has anyone else ever been approached like this though.  I certainly hope I don't pass on any spam or virus's to everyone.

5 comments:

shez said...

congrats Katherine what an fantastic thing to happen and i am so glad it was you.xx

Fiona said...

Hi Rose, Homespun are very diligent in picking up their projects from blogs.... it is not a hoax and they do enjoy getting pictures of our projects... but they do not automatically go in the next magazine... it depends on their themes..
Hugz

Monica said...

Sounds legit to me, Katherine. Congratulations!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Don't' worry it will be legit...it has happened to me, twice!! After I blogged about projects I'd made from the magazine I got an email from the editor asking if I'd contribute for the readers page, I sent through a pic and some text and hey presto published! I was so impressed when the text I sent through was printed verbatim as I expected it to be heavily edited but no, they even used my own words!! I didn't win the reader prize but it sure is a buzz to be in the magazine even if just in a small way. Go for it, it's fun!

Linda said...

That's really cool Katherine, congratulations. It's nice to know the post caught the magazine's attention. Very nice indeed, good for you.