Sunday 1 July 2012

Pretty china, sewing area and some older work

As you can see I have a love of old china and cant wait to get the boxes out from under the house and restock the crystal cabinet lol.  I've left it as a school holiday job because everything will need to be unwrapped, washed, dried off and the placed in their rightful homes.  I also want to get the old dinner sets and china cups set back up in the kitchen as well.   It will be a big task but one I am looking forward to.  I use a lot of pieces regularly too and have missed having them about for the last 12 months.  I really have too much but Lance finds things occasionally and brings them home from his weekend work so I suppose it doesn't really cost us to have them.  One day I will have to sort through our lovely old linen collection too and make sure it is travelling along ok too.

There's also some pics of the cottage and some ribbon embroidery I did years ago.  I still love looking at them lol.

You can also see my little sewing area set up at the end of the kitchen.  We have an old house and the kitchen is separate to the living areas and its the way I prefer it too.   Not a big fan of open plan living I'm afraid.  Just next to the table is the entrance into a small utility room which houses the upright freezer and shelves full of my sewing and knitting stuff.  In the cabinet is my scrapbooking things and button collection.  Its only a small table for the machine but I can use the 7' x3' table when needed.  I sometimes miss having my own room like I used to but as the girls got older I needed to change it into a bedroom.  Might get it back one day lol. Thankfully I can get to it today and do some sewing as Grace has almost finished putting all her books back on her bookcase.  There were 8 52ltr tubs of books just from her room!   Not to mention our books lol.










6 comments:

shez said...

oh Katherine your little house is gorgeous,love all the stichery on it ,well done,and you have a beautiful home.xx

Fiona said...

Great to see some of the pretties in your house - you have a flair for decorating....
Hugz

Monica said...

Yes, I agree, the Home Sweet Home cottage turned out great. I also like the two 3 x 3 samplers (are they ribbon embroidery?) you have on the wall.

And of course, I also have a lot of china, although I tend to buy in sets. But you have some really pretty plates on the wall there!

I prefer a separate kitchen too. It's nice to have a change of scene as you go from room to room, instead of always being in the same place 24/7.

Kristyne said...

Oh your cottage is AMAZING! I love it. And the china. And the flower samplers. ;)

Linda said...

Your embroideries and decorator pieces look fabulous Katherine. Thank you so much for sharing them. I just adore the last two pieces, and your gorgeous stitched house.

embracingitall said...

Must be great getting some of your things back into place. The plates look very sweet on the wall. Jacinta