Friday 5 April 2013

Some advice for everyone

I have some very important advice for everyone and that is to regularly have your engagement rings checked for any flaws with the setting that happen with age.  I kept a very close eye on mine myself but it was obviously not enough because I discovered after tea last night that I no longer had a diamond in my engagement ring.  I wear it all the time and never take it off like I used to years ago before we were burgled.  For the last 12 years I have worn it constantly as I would hate for it to be stolen.  Now I am sad because the stone has gone but at least I have the setting and should be able to get the stone replaced in time.  Its the sentimental value of the ring that has me upset but as Lance has said the wedding bands are more important and he is right.  But Lance picked that ring out all those years ago and surprised me with it at our favourite restaurant.  I was under the sink last night in the vain hope that I would find it sitting in the u bend of the pipe.  I've even checked in the oven gloves I used.  Sadly I think it has happened when I was bringing in the washing or dragging the greenwaste bin out.  I remember playing with it while Grace was at the hairdressers at 3.30 but had done a lot of things between then and 5.30 last night.  It looks like one of the claws have broken and the stone has managed to fall out. 

4 comments:

marina said...

what a shame Katherine, you never know you might see it shining on the ground and still find it.
fingers crossed

Jillian said...

So sorry Katherine. I chose not to have an engagement ring - but I know the horrible feeling of losing something full of powerful memory. Lance is right , of course - and you still have him - much better than the diamond!

Fiona said...

sorry to hear about that.... I lost a stone from my engagement ring too....
Hugz

Anita said...

Hi Katherine,
The same thing happened to me too and I never found the diamond again,nor do I know when it came off. The only reason I knew it was missing is because I scratched my leg as I swept my hands passed and wondered how I'd cut myself. Looked at the ring and discovered the diamond gone. Very sad.
Regards, Anita.