Thursday 11 April 2013

Grace's suffolk puff quilt progress

Well after a light bulb moment yesterday morning I have something to share lol.  After handsewing two strips worth of puffs I thought why not use the free motion foot on the machine!  Not as nice as hand sewn but not bad either and look at how many I got done yesterday while doing a few other jobs as well.  Plus the other bonus is it will improve my free motion skills too.  Here they are all laid out and in no particular order as I just wanted to get a feel for it.




Last night I prepped and pinned these strips and hope to get onto them by lunchtime today.  Might have a finished top by Sunday lol. 



I need to sew a few more puffs too as I must have miss counted them lol somewhere along the line.  Better to have not too many left over although I am sure I will cut more and do something else with them.  Love the look of mauve on white!

Now I have also made the decision to join in on the Christmas swaps mentioned on Cheryll's blog.  Going to be lots of secret sewing going on lol pre sign up!  Love having the opportunity to get a head start on the Christmas in July one.  Pop over to her blog and have a look.  

15 comments:

Cheryll said...

Yes mauve on white looks soooo very pretty! Keep going almost finished!
Thanks for the advert about Christmas in July too. :)

Mistea said...

This is looking amazing. Love that you have found a quicker way to attach them, if it was mine I probably would have use the sticky stuff and then used the quilting to hold them in place, I did that once on a quilt with big circles.
Enjoy thise lovely purples.

Maria said...

Lovely quilt and what a lot of work...

Jeanette said...

Looking good Katherine. I do like the purple on white too. Hugs,xx

Sisbabestitches said...

Oh wow, what a brilliant idea for sewing them on :) You have powered through those strips :)

shez said...

wow this looks so pretty Katherine and great to have you join in on the xmas swaps.xx

Radka said...

Wow, all those puffs! You have done well to stick with it :-)

Anthea said...

Yay Katherine, the puffs look gorgeous on the white! I love watching this all come together, you are so clever... x

Charlie and Wendy said...

Your quilt is looking beautiful, the purple on white is so pretty!

Sharyn T said...

It's looking very nice Katherine. The colours do look good. Sharyn:)

Jillian said...

Great idea - great result.

marina said...

wow they look great, it is going to look so pretty all together.

Shirley said...

I love seeing the progress with this, you're doing really well x

tales from a handmade home said...

What a beautiful quilt, the colours are amazing against the white background.

embracingitall said...

What a sweet quilt. I haven't been by in such a long time. I just haven't had time to catch up on all my favourite blogs. Love all your stitching you have been doing over the last couple of months. Jacinta