Saturday 29 December 2012

Threads

Well I have all my threads organised now.  Fristly after lots of labelling and winding onto cards I now have new boxes to hold all my threads.  Now have every colour of DMC yay!

These are the boxes that I bought from Bunnings of all places.  I got them for $6.85 each in the storage section.  I also had a $50 gift card to spend there so it all worked out very well.



So they are a little larger than the Birch branded ones we can get here.  I also have a slightly different format one that will be used to house the precut threads ie cottage garden etc.  The beauty is they all stack together well and are of uniform size.

9 comments:

Melody said...

I'm very envious - such a lot of beautiful threads and so well organised.

marina said...

you are very well organised with your cottons!
they look beautiful.

Jindi's Cottage said...

So satisfying to have all the threads wound and organised...great boxes, a bit bigger than birch sounds like a good idea to me, sometimes I find the bobbins just fit in the birch boxes and can get a bit tight....well done and enjoy all those pretty colours...

Mistea said...

Your threads look beautiful all organised like that - I wouldn't want to use them - Love the pretty colours.
Perfect boxes.

Fiona said...

how great to have them all there now and organised.... just imagine how many happy hours of stitching that will all give you....
Hugz

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

They look so lovely. I am in the slow process of building my collection of DMC threads... one day I will have them all :o)

Jeanette said...

Oh i never thought of Bunnings when i went back to using the cards for my DMC threads. I would like to know you ideas for the Cottage Garden threads please. I hunted everywhere to get the Birch ones. Hugs,xx.

Kate said...

You are so organized and so lucky to have every colour of DMC!

Radka said...

I know some people don't like to wind the threads up in this way, they say that they get twisted, but I am up there with you. I keep my threads in this way and don't seem to have any problems. Don't you just love to see them like this?