Monday 17 December 2012

Tea towels

Thanks to Shez for the inspiration and idea of jazzing up some tea towels.  I purchased a couple of packs of Aldi's extra large tea towels and have found that out of the two pack I can make four!  So there are two ready under the xmas tree and two to finish the embroidery on for me.

Also I have been a naughty girl and visited the ozstitch site again and purchased the rest of the DMC I needed to complete the set!  Well it is nearly xmas and I had a $10 discount voucher plus they are currently doing free standard postage.  Due to the order being a smidge over $100 I did opt to pay for registered post.  Fee's shack also had a daily deal on applique paper and as I had run out completely I decided that two mtrs for $10 with free postage was a great deal.  I think it was the sewline brand but cant remember exactly.  No more shopping for me for the next 4 months lol.  That's my crafting budget spent!

4 comments:

shez said...

Katherine these look fantastic,i love the blue,well done.xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely tea towels....such sweet birdies.

Fiona said...

a bit of applique really cheers up dishtowels.... you should be well stocked on your DMC now...
Hugz

Jindi's Cottage said...

I love the birdies...I don't usually shop at Aldi but the prospect of finding craft supplies in the kitchen supplies aisle may just change that *LOL*