Saturday 8 December 2012

FNWF

Firstly I decided to start my night at about 11am lol and spent yesterday afternoon tracing, pressing, ironing, cutting out and more ironing for my version of snow central from Homespun magazine.  As you can see I have changed it heaps from the picture and it is from No. 50 Vol. 8 No. 7.  I will not be putting those prairie points around mine but will finish it off with large ric rak instead.  

This is what I began with....

and how it ended up.  I do have a couple of scarves left to iron on but have to find suitable fabric first.


This is the original designed by Stephanie Cameron.


I did a couple of hours work on Magnolia after tea while watching dribble on tv until New Tricks started.  It doesn't look like much, and trying to take a photo was a bit difficult, but those bottom petals have about 6 different shades in each which are blended.  I also finished outlining the big petals too.

I hope everyone else had a wonderful time stitching.  Now to go and see what you all got up to ...........


22 comments:

shez said...

wow Kathereine,that skirt is going to be fantastic,well done.xx

Jillian said...

It's a nice clean design, Katherine. It's going to harmonise wonderfully.

Noela said...

Your tree skirt looks wonderful. Will look lovely with the ric rac. Hugs...

Cheryll said...

I just love the skirt... so festive! And of course the stitchery is coming along nicely! Merry Christmas :)

Mistea said...

Great tree skirt. Poor snowmen trying to survive this heat!

Lots of detail in your stitching.

Enjoy looking in on your stitching friends.

marina said...

your tree skirt is wonderful!
Will you finish for this year?
beautiful progress on your magnolia stitching.

Maria said...

Hi Katherine Just popped over to see what you have sewn for FnwFs...
Love the tree skirt and your stitchery ..

Jeanette said...

Beautiful Katherine. Like you i had planned to start early but ended up with a bad headache by the time i got back from Ipswich. Out went my plans. Hugs,

Heather said...

What a lovely tree skirt. I wish I had one now!
Hugs

Sisbabestitches said...

Wow that tree skirt is amazing, I love your version! Beautiful stitching :)

Michelle Ridgway said...

I love it Katherine and your embroidery is beautiful.

thethimbleroom said...

What a beautiful tree skirt! You certainly had a busy time. :)

FleurBleue said...

You Christmas tree skirt is lovely, really elegant.

F x

Fiona said...

love your version katherine.... and such a pretty design.... magnolia is growing.. it is fun watching...
Hugz

Narelle said...

Your tree skirt is looking fantastic!

Melody said...

This is the loveliest tree skirt ever. Wow.

Anthea said...

Hi Katherine the magnolia is coming along beautifully, well done.
I love your tree skirt, will it be finished for this year?
x

Charlie and Wendy said...

Wow, your tree skirt is gorgeous, it is going to be so beautiful. I have been wanting to make one but haven't found a pattern as yet.

Carin said...

Ohh that is going to be a beautiful tree skirt.

Radka said...

Ahhhh, I love your tree skirt, Katherine, it's lovely!
Your embroidery is coming on, this always was going to be a long job :-)

Linda said...

Such a lovely tree skirt Katherine, well done, a lot of work indeed. Your magnolia stitching is coming along really well. Hope the weather is a little more pleasant at the moment.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Great Christmas Tree skirt, love the shape...and the design modifications, looks great...