Friday 16 November 2012

Yay it's Friday!

Well FNSI has started well.  I have managed to get quite a few things done and it is only lunchtime lol.  

Fristly last night I finished off the leaves for the scissor keep and pin ball.  They have been pressed and prepped ready for sewing together.   It is from Inspirations maagzine and the orginal was worked on silk with beautiful silk threads.  I chose a white fabric and DMC threads.  There was a conversion for the silk to DMC but I didn't use it and now wonder how much of a difference it might make.

 
 
 This gorgeous magnolia is designed by Trish Burr and is from Inspirations magazine.  I have prepped the fabric and have it in the hoop ready to start some of the preliminary stitching.  Can't wait for that thread order to arrive lol.
 

This is a pic of the original 'we are family' quilt designed by Bronwyn Hayes from Red Brolly.  The pattern featured over four issues of Homespun magazine Vol. 13 - No. 1 - 4.

This is where I started off this morning ......



 
and ended here with a completed top.  You can see from the original pic I changed blocks, colours and even left blocks out lol.  Suits what I wanted so why not.  All those beautiful fabrics were all $2 fat quarters that I picked up back in April and washed and put away for Lance to give me for my birthday.  I love them all and one day I might have to see if that store still has her $2 fat quarter table lol.  At least the stash has grown a bit but I can still get the lid on that 52ltr tub.  Might be time to go shopping and get another tub and fill it lol.  Might just need to find the money tree first.
 
Well that is the first half of my FNSI and I will be back in the morning with the second half. 
 
Have fun stitching the night away everyone.
 
 

15 comments:

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

you are going great guns and it's only lunch. hugs

marina said...

Your embroidery looks spectacular, just had to click on the photo to get a closer look! Your magnolia pattern looks so beautiful too. Can't wait till you get going on that one too.
Well done on putting your 'family' quilt together. It's so sweet.

Charlie and Wendy said...

Wow, you have been busy. Your embroidery is gorgeous and I love your quilt top.

shez said...

boy Katherine you are on a roll,i love the set in your 1st pic,i have been meaning to make that one as well,keep rolling you are doing a mighty job.xx

embracingitall said...

Loving all your projects you have going on! Happy stitching. I had planned to knit, but alas that hasn't happened. Jacinta

Monica said...

I really, really love your family quilt. The fabrics and colours are beautiful, and so are the stitching and applique. I love it all! Great job!

Monica said...

I like your colours better, by the way!

Fiona said...

Oh Katherine, your stitching took my breath away... so so lovely and your quilt is amazing too... how good is $2 fat quarters.... yummo...
Hugz

Linda said...

Your embroidery looks wonderful Katherine!! And, of course your family quilt is so very, very pretty. Your fabric choices are always lovely, and even better when you consider you've purchased some at a good price. You are certainly still very busy. Cheers.

Heather said...

All this stitching is inspiring! Great job!
Hugs

Jeanette said...

Your projects all look wonderful. Hugs,

Jillian said...

Wow! Every piece is terrific. You must be so pleased ( unless you've passed out from exhaustion)!

rosie said...

Just wanted to say hello to you Katherine... we share many of the same friends.. You mentioned going to Bendigo to shop, we are very close to Shepparton..
Love your garden pictures and the quilts you are working on..

Anthea said...

Oh Katherine, you have done an amazing job on this quilt top, well done my friend!
And picking up all those cheap fq's was great, leaving more $$ on the non-existent money tree for more fabric buying!!
So pleased for you!

Mistea said...

Gorgeous work.
Your family quilt looks happy.
Enjoy the new projects.