Tuesday 13 January 2015

Fibre test romney x merino

Wendy from Benalla sent me this little parcel of romney cross merino to try and to let her know what I think of it so I have decided to blog the whole process from start to finish with photos for her.

So here we started off with the raw product and worked my way through to the finished skein of yarn and swatch.

Now for a raw fleece this is surprisingly clean!  But I found this with Wendy's merino I got off her last year too.

Sun orchid and dusk are the colours I chose.

Here it is all fluffed up ready to go through the carder.

Two passes through the carder and I have these gorgeous balls of fluff!


All spun up and navaho plyed.  It is a soft mottled mauve in colour and washed up beautifully.

3 comments:

Binsa said...

Hi Katherine I enjoyed your post regards ofaigh

Rachelle said...

You've been doing some lovely work. I'd been wondering why I hadn't seen your feed recently, looks like it fell off my Bloglovin'; it's back now though!

Jillian said...

Found the process really interesting. Why are some fleeces really clean? Is it the way they are shorn, or the way the sheep graze? I've also had Rachelle's problem with no posts from Bloglovin. Will see if I can restore.