Saturday 26 July 2014

Well what did I buy?

Here's a pic of the small stash of items from Bendigo Wool Show.  I had a helper very eager to sniff all the purchases too lol.





The two coloured braids at the back are corriedale,  and the lighter one in the middle is a merino.  Beautiful colours!  The other items are white and grey Gotland, a ball of Romney, Norwegian, and Polwarth.  Some are soft like merino and others a little stronger or a higher micron.  Going to be fun planning little projects for these.  The reds braid is almost finished on the wheel and I might put it with some cream alpaca.  Not sure yet will have to think about it while I finish spinning the last little bit.


I also ordered these gorgeous little Jack Russell stitch markers from America via etsy.  They are very adorable and as we love this breed of dog I thought they were worth the $20AUD. 

I finished off the rolags and have set two skeins of this blend and they are almost dry.  Looking great but very different than I imagined.  That's the light greens and browns (saltmarsh and logwood) that I dyed and blended with some angelina.  Need a nice sunny day to take some pics of the finished product.


 Lastly I have been working on this and have just started on the second ball since this pic was taken.  A very nice knit for a thick and thin single!







9 comments:

barb's creations said...

I love seeing all the different sorts of wool you buy and then magically spin into such gorgeous colours I can't wait to see what these turn into :) Barb.

Cheryll said...

It's always a help having a good bargain finder with you... :)
Enjoy all your purchases! :)

Monica said...

Looks like a good haul! It will be fun to see them all as they are spun and knit up. I also love that thick and thin yarn -- I always used to gravitate to those yarns in the store. Plenty to do!

Rachelle said...

That's a good range of fibre options; have fun spinning them!

Melody said...

Wonderful purchases. I love going to the sheep show.

Jillian said...

They are indeed beautiful colour. Can't wait to see the 'little projects' you cook up.maybe you could train your helper to sort the yarn for you!

Claire said...

You put me to shame! I suffer from yarn envy when I look at what you do, lol. Those J.R. stitch markers are just too cute! I had one as a kid - she was a great little dog. Can't wait to see what you produce with this new batch, especially the red one.

Mistea said...

Lots of lovely fluffy eye candy here. Looks like a successful show for you.
Nice knitting with your thick and thin yarn.

Sisbabestitches said...

Those stitch markers are adorable. Loving the yarns and fluff you found to take home :)