Saturday 12 July 2014

School holidays are almost over.....

and what did I achieve on my long list of wants.  Not much.  The desire on non busy days was to rip out the back shed and seal around the edges where the slab met the walls.  Not really a desire but I was strangely motivated to attack it.  3 whole days!!!!  Must have been mad lol.   I put everything back and then decided to remove a couple of little cabinets that were there when we moved in so needed to bolt together some more metal shelving.  Picked the coldest, dampest few days to do it in too but it is almost done.  Just the back wall to do but it can wait a bit as I will need some help lifting and shifting a couple of things.  Lance will be on holidays in a few weeks.  Plus I need the slab dry to seal the remaining wall and it is on the shady side.  See I do other things apart from woolly stuff. 

Oh and I am also halfway through pruning roses!  Mine are almost done and I will attempt to get Mum and Dad's done over the next week too.

Speaking of wooly stuff lol the Australian Sheep and Wool Show starts next Friday!  Both Lance and I are looking forward to spending the day there looking at everything.  Going to be fantastic but probably freezing! 

I managed to finish a skein of that lovely light grey I am setting aside for a jumper once it is all spun up.  Also got a black through to grey roving spun up into a thick and thin single which surprisingly was balanced first go.  Apparently there are issues of too much twist etc in the thin areas and not enough in the thick.  I must have fluked it first go.


So what else.  Well I might just schedule some more posts to pop up over the next few days.


6 comments:

Jillian said...

I doubt very much that was a fluke! It's looking good. Well done with the shed. Looking forward to some photos. Must have kept you warm - it's been freezing here - coldest day in 7 years - and wet. I pruned the fig but not the roses yet. I noticed the Sheep and Wool Show advertised. Have a great time -you should have a stall selling socks!

Cheryll said...

Sometimes we have to do projects that aren't always pleasant... but now that your shed is almost finished I bet you are glad you took the time.
Love the wool colouring too...
Enjoy what's left of the holidays!

shez said...

you sure have been keeping busy Katherine,take care.xx

Maria said...

Good to get outandabout in the yard sometimes. Shed willbe great when you are finished.

Mistea said...

Lovely yarn you've been making.
You sure keep busy working around your place.
I only sit and knit! Quite a few of the wet days I have not even opened the front door.
Winter is a good excuse for me to be lazy.

Monica said...

Whoosh! I have no doubt at all that you keep busy, Katherine!

I remember some photos of your house and all the roses. How many do you have all together? It must be quite a few. :)

Sometimes I have "beginner's luck" with a new technique, too. That black and white one will be interesting to knit up!