Monday 14 July 2014

Tea cosy

There is a bit of a competition going at the local library and as no one has entered one for Echuca branch we were asked to do a few.  Apparently another branch has three already.  So I have made a small one in crochet and am working on the larger one at the moment.  I am not really in love with those leaves so will find a better pattern and use a smaller than required hook and see what happens.





Not sure what is happening with my camera but they are not quite as bright as the pic suggests lol.  Maybe if the sun comes out I will have a better picture of the one I am working on at the moment.  It will be my entry as this one is just a prototype.

I can see these being a bit of an addiction too as I will try and use up the acrylic wool I bought to do them with.  About 4 hours work plus construction is a pretty quick result.  Hate working with acrylic normally but this lot was nice and soft.

4 comments:

Mistea said...

Tea cosies are trending at the moment.
Yours is pretty. The brights look good from here.

Jillian said...

Very pleasing and elegant. 4 hrs is good.called in at Adelaide Spinners and weavers guild on Saturday. They had a display of teapots too.

marina said...

very cute cosy. You have done a great job.
enjoy making more!

Monica said...

Well, it's unusual for a camera to make the colours brighter! But, it certainly looks great, the roses turned out very well.

Have you set your blog to public again? I will see if Bloglovin can find it now.