Sunday 19 May 2013

My weekend.......

I've had the most amazingly relaxing weekend and a great birthday on Saturday too.  Thanks for everyone who has sent birthday wishes too.  I was wondering who let the cat out of the bag so to speak lol.  Thanks Anthea for those gorgeous cupcakes on your blog.  They look sew delicious! 

Well first up I should share what the lovely Anthea sent me this week.  It was such a lovely surprise!
A gorgeous mini for the frame that Lance gave me.  I will take a more detailed pic of it later as it is stunning!

Next up the girls gave me some more Lindt chocolates and these magazines which are very topical at the moment.

My parents and brother gave me a kilo of this lovely wool that I had my eye on ages ago, a spinning book which is fantastic, and $50.





My lovely Aunty Vera, Lance's aunt from S.A., sent me a gorgeous card and some money so I went over to Tongala and bought 5 hanks of dyed merino tops from Ewe Give Me The Knits.  Fantastic shop for a little tiny town.  They also have an internet shop but it is only a nice 15 mins drive from Echuca.  Each hank is 100gms and one hank fills a bobbin.  So as you can see I hit the spinning wheel over the last two days and nearly have 1 bobbin full lol.  It is more the colour of the rovings in the basket.


I have also been looking at my magazines and knitting on that lace scarf too.  It is suddenly growing quicker too so it has not been all spinning all weekend lol.

These gorgeous flowers came from Lance's sister in Adelaide on Saturday.  There are some gorgeous yellow lilies that are not quite open yet which will look fantastic in a couple of days.

So all in all a wonderful weekend relaxing with people and things I love.

14 comments:

marina said...

belated birthday wishes!!
your mini looks lovely.
lots of woolly loveliness there too.

shez said...

what a wonderful birthday you had and love what Anthea has made for you.xx

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Wishing you a belated Happy Birthday. So many lovelies. Enjoy them all. hugs

Mistea said...

You're a lucky birthday girl. The yarn is gorgeous, all of it. I'll be interested to hear how the Persian knits up. Your spinning is looking lovely too.
Pretty mini for your stand.
Happy day wishes to you.

Maria said...

Pleased you had a great birthday Katherine. Lots of goodies and Anthea did make you a gorgeous mini for your frame.

Noela said...

Happy Birthday for Saturday. Some lovely presents and beautiful flowers. Love the mini. Hugs.....

Jillian said...

Happy Birthday -retrospectively. Sorry I missed it - have been preoccupied. Your goodies are great - very interested to see how Persian wool knits up. I bought some alpaca, mutant and rustic last week. You sound very happy - so pleased for you.

Monica said...

Looks like a great weekend! Quite a haul. :) Happy belated birthday as well!

Fiona said...

What lovely thoughtful gifts... glad you had a great day....
Hugz

Jeanette said...

Belated Happy Birthday wishes. Lots of fabulous goodies there. Hugs,xx.

Charlie and Wendy said...

Happy belated birthday! It looks like you had a wonderful time, I love the mini quilt you were given, beautiful!!

Shirley Cryan said...

I don't know how I missed it was your birthday, Happy belated Birthday, it looks like you had a lovely day x love the mini quilt x

Radka said...

Happy Birthday ! (too late, I know)
it looks like you had a great day :-)

tales from a handmade home said...

Happy belated Birthday wishes Katherine........wonderful woolly gifts from your family and friends, hope you had a wonderful day.
hugs Kim x