Thursday 14 May 2015

FNWF Results Grrrrr this should have loaded up ages ago and didn't

Well I had a very interesting FNWF and achieved heaps!

The project bags were cut out and the designs traced and adhered when I began and now they are completely finished!  With a bit of a boo boo lol.  I haven't touched these for weeks after completing the first one and was up to the construction stage and popped the zips in and proceeded to top stitch everything.  There is my mistake lol.  I should have done that without the liner in the way because now I have a zigzaged finished edge inside my bags instead of it being hidden in the liner like the first one.  Oh well I was not going to unpick all that stitching and as they are only for me I don't care that much as I really needed them.  The embroidery designs on these are partly inspired by others I have seen on the knitting podcasts I have been watching.  Dani from Little Bobbins was the first one I ever watched and she inspired me with the lovely ones she makes and also sells on her Etsy shop.  In her latest podcast she has mentioned that someone was either gifted or bought one of her bag designs and then found it for sale on Etsy in that persons shop!  That has left her with not a very nice feeling to know that her bag which is completely different to mine has been unpicked and the pattern design pinched!  So Dani I do hope that my poor attempt doesn't cause you any angst love.



I finally had my Karbonz needles arrive so I could resume work on the mauve/pink alpaca cable knit. So these were transferred over to the new needles and a couple of rows knitted.  The wool I am using is very slippy on the needles so changing over to Karbonz have made it so much better to knit on and no more stitches flying off the needles lol.  


I also had two heels to turn on Lance's 8ply blue socks and have started the patterning up the leg on both pairs.  These will now sit until I am hanging around in waiting rooms on Wednesday.  Need something to occupy my time lol.  These have photographed very different as they are more of a blue grey colour.  Never mind it is overcast here today and if it gives us some rain I wont care about the crummy photos too much.  I have made up my own pattern of 2 rows K1,P1 and 2 of knit to create a little bit of interest.  I was going to do cables originally but decided they would look so much better in a thinner 4ply yarn.  Once again I have completed the fish lips heel.  These seem to fit Lance quite nicely but I do like the old way of gussets etc too so will do them for my socks later on.  


The red socks from a previous post were knitted from the same yarn which is a wool/nylon blend and they wore and washed up very well with the exception that I couldn't believe how much dye came out!  Will see if it does it again next time as it could be quite problematic if I decided to use the leftovers in some colour work socks.

Well I had better get off here and go back to some more sewing for a while and I will pop back tomorrow to see what everyone else has had fun with.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  wondered why I didn't get any comments after posting this because I have just found it sitting in the preview folder!!!!!!!!!!!  Darn blogger!

2 comments:

Radka said...

I like your "pink knit".
How do the Karbonz needles compare to other Knitpro needles?
xx

Jillian said...

The bags certainly look good on the outside. It's terrible that someone would so blatantly steal a design. I hope the culprit is named and shamed.

The pink alpaca is beautiful - hoe it now goes smoothly.