Thursday 14 May 2015

Finished socks!

Last weekend I finished off these 8ply socks for Lance and have almost finished the back on my mauve cable jacket.



On the needles now are some stripy socks for Lance from the leftovers.  They are going to be a WIP as I also want to get going on some gloves or mittens for myself and some 4ply socks for both Lance and I too that are not just plain knitting but something a bit more special.

After a wonderful Mother's Day spent at my parents house with our DD2, Grace, I also have some spinning to share.  This is a fondant fibre braid that came all the way from England and it is full of sparkle too.  Sadly the photo doesn't do it justice but I decided to spin this up while Mum and I had a fibre filled Mother's Day together while Grace chatted and shared youtube clips and played music for us too.  It will be plyed with some light grey alpaca/silk blend when I get time to spin it up lol.  maybe Saturday.



There is also some finished yarn washed and ready to be listed in the stash for a shawl too.  It is the beautiful crimson mix with merino from Rosemary's store and some gorgeous brown suri silk that was in the stash.  Love the two together and it is soooooo soft!


Well off I go to catch up on some other blogs and things and sign up if it is FNSI tomorrow night.  I have a knitting needle case that I want to do some embroidery on and need to get it prepped tomorrow so I can start it.  Sign ups over at Wendy's http://sugarlane-designs.com/
Hopefully my link works lol and that on Saturday when I do an update it will actually publish on here and not sit in limbo for weeks.



5 comments:

Anthea said...

sounds like you had a great Mother's Day, Katherine!
Youtube is so hard to drag yourself away from!

Raewyn said...

It sounds like you had a lovely Mothers' Day! Love your spu wool - I've just bought a wheel and am trying to learn - hopefully one day I can master it like you! See you tonight on FNSI!

rebecca said...

Some exciting goodness in this post! Am I noticing that those socks are not the same?

Monica said...

Yes, it sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day! How nice that you have a shared interest in fibre. I hope you've got a lot done today! My Friday is just starting. :D

Jillian said...

Sounds like a perfect Mothers Day. All fabulous.