Saturday 30 May 2015

Convertible mittens...

Pulled out some of my lovely sparkly handspun yarn to make some convertible mittens that I was hoping to take to Ballarat on holidays but ran out of time to get them both finished.  One mitt just wasn't enough but as it was the weather wasn't all that bad there this week and hands in pockets and hand knit wooly jumpers were just perfect.  Guessing next week would be a whole different ball game lol once that cold front arrives.

So here is my mitt and the second one almost has the cuff finished ready to start the patterning and shaping on the hand.  The pattern was a free one from ravelry for those interested and can be found on my project page.  



I wont worry about posting a pic of the finished pair but am also getting back to working on the mauve cable cardigan as the back is within 1" of being finished when I popped it away to work on a pile of socks for Lance.  Really need to get the back done to the shaping and start on the fronts and then the sleeves so I can see if I have enough yarn to lengthen it a little.  So hard to tell as it is alpaca yarn and it may just drop itself....this is going to take some working out lol.  Good thing I am working with interchangeable needles now and have plenty of cables to attach them to.

Hopefully I will be back Monday night to link up with the linky party on my side bar.  I am also wishing to do some more embroidery too on that needle case cover.  Well we will have to see if I achieve it tomorrow because it is meant to be cold and wet rather than today which involved me making quite are start on the pruning!

2 comments:

Christine B said...

Nice mitten! Glad you had a nice time even thought the mittens weren't ready to wear! Have a nice weekend! :) x

Jillian said...

I don't know how you can set aside something with only 1" to go! The mittens look lovely - warm as well.