Saturday 4 April 2015

FNWF results!

Well the knitting on this cable cardi is going to take a fair while but I worked on it for a couple of hours and cast on some toe up socks for hubby too.  So I had a very good FNWF!

Made with BWM 8ply alpaca yarn in mauve.  The yarn is about 20 years old and is the first lot of alpaca that they produced.  I also had a deep purple which I made up into a plain cardi a couple of years ago.  It grew about 3 inches last night!  Until I started dropping stitches so then swapped to casting on socks instead.

Tomorrow or Monday I will pop round and see what others have made via Cheryll's sign up link.

Have a lovely Easter with family and friends tomorrow!

11 comments:

Yvonne W said...

That will be a very pretty cardigan Good weather for knitting.

Yvonne W said...

That will be a very pretty cardigan Good weather for knitting.

Maria said...

The wool you are using looks very soft. A lovely pattern but way to hard for me.
Bet you knit those socks up very quickly....

Leanne said...

I can't knit at all but I do admire people who can. I think its such a clever craft and the colour you have chosen is so pretty.

Bev C said...

Hello Katherine,

I love the pink will you are working with. Alpaca wool is so soft and cuddly.

Have a Happy Easter and I hope there are no more dropped stitches.

Happy days.
Bev.

Monica said...

That's a beautiful cable design, and it's going to look great in that colour. A profitable evening!

apple blossom said...

awesome work. love the pattern

retdairyqueen said...

Hope you get it finished It will be lovely and worth the dropped stitches

Jillian said...

You are dipping into that stash - dare say it is still building faster than you knit! This is a lovely pattern and I love the yarn. You are a beautiful knitter.

I don't think I'd find socks a welcome relief from the intensity of the pattern, though!

Josie said...

Lovely cardi pattern Katherine. Love the colour you are knitting it in. Alpaca... so soft and cuddly... it's going to be gorgeous. I've knitted lots of socks top down but never tried toe up... sounds complicated. Have fun...xxx

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

You do such a beautiful job knitting. Someday I'll take it up again. I just moved to Loveland, Colorado, and there is a big Yarn Fest here next weekend. I'll go to browse around, but even the beginner's classes are beyond me. I'm sure you would love it. Apparently, this area is really big on knitting, crocheting, spinning and weaving.