Saturday 11 April 2015

Cup Cosy Swap

Here is the parcel that I made for my partner NBloomy on Ravelry in the LittleBobbins group.

I really enjoyed making both of these cosies and they used some firsts too.  The black handspun by me English Leicester with my overdyed Bendigo Mohair Farm 3 ply is my first stranded colour work piece and I worked out the design too.  It was fun to knit.  The second one is crocheted from my first lumpy, bumpy but balanced spin!  It is Border Leicester.

Well parcel is heading out today being the 8 April so I had better schedule this post to appear later so I don't spoil the surprise.


Now that it has been received I can now share it and show what I have received from NBloomy on ravelry.



What a wonderful swap and I am now off to share the pics on ravelry and see what others have swapped too.


5 comments:

Maria said...

Lovely gifts both sent and received..

rebecca said...

There is something very special about knitting up the first spins. I made a lumpy bumpy scarf with my first spins, stripes dyed with onion skins and a rosemary landscape dye. It was my son's scarf as a wee boy and then my daughter wore it, and the moths ate it and it passed on to another realm. Yours will live on with love I think.

Anthea said...

Looks like it was a great swap Katherine... amazing skills shared & great gifts made...

Jillian said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Where's the photo of cosies?

Sharm said...

ok, 3rd post down and you really have my attention..... we are both on Ravelry lol ..... perhaps I'll find you there sometime.... I'm Sharmayne on Rav