Saturday 11 April 2015

Finished item! and the Wool Museum

I have just finished up another pair of work socks for Lance.  This time I used the fish lips heel pattern which is by the Sox Therapist and is available for $1 on ravelry.  I used some merino/nylon and the shropshire roving that I spun up.  The brown was done as a 2ply but the shropshire I navaho plied so it is a nice thick 3 ply which should wear quite well inside the boots.  Well that is what I am hoping.  They are about an 8ply weight sock.  Another pair will hit the needles soon as I am wanting to use up some yarn so stripy work socks it will be.  


They are not blocked in the photo but they haven't had a chance to be blocked because they were straight on the feet the next morning lol.  

I have also been to the National Wool Museum in Geelong yesterday and taken lots of photos which I will share below.  I was looking for something to do after dropping our eldest back at University after the Easter break and thought this would be a perfect way to break the journey as nearly 8 hrs in the car for a round trip is a little too much at times.  

The displays featured machinery that takes you from the scour to finished yarn and then on to weaving and rug making.  I was a little disappointed that there was only one spinning wheel on display in the wool growing to shearing section but thats ok as there was more than enough fleece and machinery to keep me occupied lol.

I will now just dump a whole heap of photos so that those who are interested can have a look.  There was also a special section of Women in war or similar and that also featured loads of poppies.  It was an amazing display.





































3 comments:

Jillian said...

You have invented a new technique called Foot Blocking! The socks look just fantastic.

The display looks great too, a great idea to spend time there. Hope you have a good week or so with her at home.

Monica said...

This reminds me a lot of one of our logging museums up north -- the same old-timey, industrial feel. But, was that crochet afghan part of the exhibit?

Binsa said...

hello Katherine enjoyed your post must go to view the exhibition at the Wool Museum Regards Ofaigh