Sunday 26 October 2014

Spinning!

Had a lovely day spinning with my Mum yesterday.  I thought I would like to try some grey unwashed alpaca that mainly has just a little dust in it rather than horrid prickles etc.  So I have started to flick the ends and it is spinning up nice and fine.



Here is some pics of the fleeces Mum was given last weekend.  I only asked for one white merino but there are about 2 white fleeces unskirted to deal with and 3 beautiful coloured fleeces which incorporate shades of white through to dark grey.  Mum has the same amount at her house too.  All free which is nice but where will I store mine for the next 6 years!  Less time for crafting now than I used to have too but if I can keep the moths out I will be right lol.


Well off now to do some more deadheading in the garden and pack some of those bags of fleece away in tubs!

I had to pull out the lace rows on my shawl last weekend and start again because silly me had more stitches than needed after one 8 row block!  I have fixed that as in the middle there is a knit 2 stitches before and after doing knit ones and yarn overs lol.  I really shouldn't start things like that when I am tired.  Might work on it this afternoon while watching a car race with Lance.


2 comments:

Maria said...

I am sure you will find somewhere nice to store you fleece until you have time to spin it.

Jillian said...

Looks lovely and soft as well as lovely colour blend. Undoing lace stitching is a hard call, I reckon! Well done for working out the error and fixing. You're right about not stretching yourself when tired - I always make mistakes if I give in to temptation!