Wednesday 22 October 2014

Crafting catchup

Well that pesky ankle is finally on the mend fingers crossed.  I have over the last month or so I have spun and plied a 3rd of the white jumper lot and some lovely pink merino, bamboo, English Leicester and mohair that I had blended and dyed over 18 months ago.  Still need to get it off the bobbin and washed but thats ok.  No rush really lol. 

I have also been given some stunning grey alpaca and there is lots of it along with a brown, black and lighter grey.  I have it skirted and packed away in tubs in the shed.  Will be able to just comb this lot out and spin it without washing first.  But can't touch it yet as I have some merino and fawn alpaca to blend and spin which is starting to go on the bobbin now (below).  This is a thank you to the lady who generously gave me half a bale of very light fawn/cream alpaca and a merino fleece.  Will be a long process but will end up dyeing it in the skein and knitting her girls some gorgeous hats and one for her and hubby too.

 

Lastly is some mohair locks that I dyed up ready for blending with some matching baby merino.  Definitely not enough hours in the day even with stupid day lights savings lol.   

3 comments:

Monica said...

Those alpacas look so luminous! It all looks wonderful.

Our days are less than 11 hours now, and in the first week of November we go back to regular time. Then it really gets dark early!

Jillian said...

These photos are great, Katherine. I'm glad your ankle is improving - that's been quite a long time. You are amazingly productive - sounds as if you have quite a production line going. All beautiful.

Sisbabestitches said...

What a wonderful gift of the alpaca and the merino :) Glad you are are safely mending and back to the wheel ;)