Tuesday 11 March 2014

Where is this year going....

hard to believe we have just had the Labour Day weekend!

Haven't done much spinning but over the last week and a bit I have finally finished all the alpaca I was carding and also a lot of blending done on the board with all those lovely new to me fibers.  I am having a spinning day with Mum today and will make a start on one of them.  The socks are also on the home straight with the second one just past the heel and should hopefully have another pair on the needles by the weekend. 

Well I will drop some photos on here including a gorgeous cake that Grace spent the entire day making yesterday and be back to catch up on your lovely blogs in a few days.

 This was what I navaho plyed a couple of weeks ago all washed and looking gorgeous.  About an 8ply.

 BWM tops blended with nylon for Mum.

 BWM tops and llama for me.

 More BWM tops with some blaze angelina.  Cant really see the sparkle in the photo though.

 Merino/nylon with angora rabbit blended.

 The last of the blends for the moment is bluefaced leicester/soy and BWM tops.  Will dye this up after I have spun it.  Was going to spin it up as it was but the BFL was so short in length it was a real pain in the butt.  Much better blended.  BFL normally has quite a long staple but this stuff is about 1.5 inches if Im lucky lol.

Grace started baking at 9am and finished decorating at about 4pm.  No packet mixes or pre made icing here.  All done from scratch including the coloured sugar crystals which she did make a little while back.  Butter cake with butter frosting.  Very rich but very delicious too.


2 comments:

Jillian said...

The cake is really over the top! Bet it tasted amazing.

Your 8ply looks good. I thought of you yesterday. I went to the Adelaide Handspinners and Weavers Guild Fringe Festival Exhibition. There was some lovely work - and a LOT of very tempting wool for sale. I resisted, but will go back when I have finished my hexie quilt.

Radka said...

Love the cake! :-)
xx