Wednesday 17 October 2012

My family quilt....

now haven't done a great deal as I have only picked it up here and there over the last few weeks but I have finished off this little stitchery and started another.  Having the panels constructed has made the stitching much easier by way of choosing colours and also some of the original quilt is not featuring in mine either so changes have had to be made.  The border squares are all cut and pinned too so I will sit down and sew them sometime soon too.  I also intend to use most of these prints in my next 1" hexagon quilt too but not until after I have finished the bright one off.  It is getting a bit tempting to start another one lol. 

I am now heading off to do some more work on this while I wait for the cold wind to drop a bit before painting.  Or maybe I will say stuff the fence and just stitch lol.  A rest day would be really nice ..... we'll see.

Happy stitching ............

6 comments:

Monica said...

This stitchery with the daffodils and bee is really cute. I love bees!

I understand all too well the temptation to start another hexie quilt!

Anthea said...

Katherine I think a rest day is in order for you! Such pretty stitching there, well done

Michelle Ridgway said...

Such a pretty stitchery....I know what I would choose....stitching.

Radka said...

Pretty little stitchery :-)
Thank you for your comment on my cushion. You still seem to be "no-reply" blogger :-(

Jillian said...

I love the shape and colours. So fresh.

Linda said...

Lovely little stitchery Katherine. They really brighten patchwork projects in my opinion. Your colours are always so pleasing. Sorry I have been absent from your comment pages, gremlins again!! Take care.