Thursday 11 October 2012

Hexagon progress

I have been busy working on the small hexagon quilt over the last few weeks and have decided that I really need to put it away so I can start working on something else lol.  I've sewn on some more rows and prepped more hexies and white filler blocks too.  I need a lot more fillers but will have to wait until more are sewn together so I can reuse the papers again.

Well school is now back and the first week almost over and the front fence was only undercoated lol.  The weather was either too warm or too damp for painting it so it will get done when I feel like attacking it one weekend.  I have been busy in the garden finishing off some weeding and preparing the vegie patch and finally set up the little water feature in the backyard too.  Lance also found me a lovely old cream can too.  I'll take some pics of the garden later to share.

7 comments:

embracingitall said...

Your hexies are looking gorgeous. Oh that fence! I'm sure it will happen eventually. Always hard to pick the right time to paint out doors. We painted the outside of our windows earlier in the year. It was the only dry week we have had so far! Jacinta

Mistea said...

Amazing little flower garden you are making there. Loving the bright colours - reminds me of spring.

Bev C said...

Hello Katherine,

Love the hexies. Good luck with the painting. One of those jobs that has to be done when everything aligns.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Monica said...

They look fantastic, Katherine. And I love your sewing basket! It must be fun just to open it up each time you sew. :)

Anthea said...

Hi Katherine, wow your hexy's are coming along beautifully, and they are such pretty colours too, Love it!! Aren't they addictive?! And that is such a pretty pic - all the hexy's & tools for their making sitting in their gorgeous basket. x

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your hexies are gorgeous...so pretty! I am big believer in whatever takes your fancy "must" be good for you. Hexie away!

Radka said...

And we are slowly putting our garden "to bed" for the winter :-( Enjoy yours!