Saturday 8 September 2012

What did I do today .......

well apart from the mundane jobs like shopping, washing and vac'ing,  I walked the doogie and took my mum over to a quilt/flower show at our church.   It it was still a bit windy and cool here today so I pulled out the Lily and Will quilt top and cut and pinned the borders on ready for handstitching.  They are 1" hexagons all handsewn together from a few jelly rolls.  I haven't had this one out for quite a while and I really love how it has come together.

This one I finished into a quilt top and cut all the bindings as well.  It started life this morning as stitchery blocks with the borders around them so I just had to lay them out, sew together and cut and add borders.
So I now need to organise wadding and backing for them.  Then it will be time to work out how I am going to quilt them.

Tomorrow I hope to be able to sew a few more panels of the 'family' quilt together.  I am wanting to change a few elements around so would be good to do while the table is set up.

12 comments:

Anthea said...

Oh my gosh Katherine, your hexy top is simply wonderful! What a lot of work has gone into that. The Christmas themed top is excellent too, great fabrics... can't wait to see it finished!

Fiona said...

those both look such lovely quilts and each of them striking in their own way... I am impressed with anyone who has the patience to work with all those little hexies...
Hugz

shez said...

2 lovely quilta there Katherine.xx

Monica said...

They both look great, Katherine! Seeing your hexagons reminds me that I have to do the same thing with mine, although on a smaller scale, thank goodness!

Mistea said...

Pretty - the hexagons look beautiful all sewn up and I love the red Christmas quilt.
Enjoy quilting.

embracingitall said...

Your quilt tops are looking lovely. Have fun sewing them up. Jacinta

Radka said...

2 lovely quilt tops, I love the red one!

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

They are both so different yet so beautiful. hugs

marina said...

Your hexie quilt looks lovely as does your christmas quilt.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Just popped over from Fiona's blog to say g'day and welcome to blog land. Lovely stitching x

Deb R said...

Your hexis are gorgeous!!!

Linda said...

These are beautiful Katherine. I am sorry I've been 'absent' for so long. It has been a very busy time here for me, and a mixed up one as well as far as family is concerned. I so love to see the wonderful things you do, such a busy person you are!!! Cheers.