Saturday 21 March 2015

FNSI results

Hello everyone,

I spent some time last night making a project bag for putting some small knitting WIPS in.  I have also cut put another 4 in this size and drew up another pattern for a tiny one suitable for storing some notions in.  Great little project and with was all cut out and made within 90 mins.  The fabrics I used were 'wishes' by Sweetwater for Moda.  Not sure how long this range has been out as I only picked it up earlier this week with some linen and I just used good quality calico to line them.



Had better work out a few more different designs to put on the other 3 bags lol and get sewing again.

I am also within an inch of getting the dreaded charcoal/black jacket finished so then I can get back to knitting some other things and actually do some spinning.  Have been missing it.

Off to see what others have done now.
Katherine

16 comments:

Yvonne W said...

Those pouches are great-- love your fabric choice.

Karen's Korner said...

What a great idea and a pretty result.

Sisbabestitches said...

It's a lovely pouch! Your colours and design are so great :)

Lin said...

A great finish - love the fabric. xx

Craft to Do said...

Nice work.
I am in love with your wool skans on the side tab of your blog. Are they natural coloured wool or dyed?

kiwikid said...

That is a great project bag!! Love it!

rebecca said...

Beautiful bags! Top security too. No stitch markers escaping from there.

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

I love your tote bags! What a great way to carry your projects. So much nicer than my plastic store bags :)

Maria said...

Nice useful pouch you have made. great fabric choice...

Carin@Ullhärvan said...

I love the pouch and the colours are great!

Raewyn said...

Great idea for your knitwips - and very pretty too :-)

Anthea said...

Katherine, Wishes has been out for a while, I think only bits & pieces of it are around these days.
Great sewing, you can never have too many handy pouches

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Katherine,
cute little bag and busy Friday Nicht Sew In for you. Nice post, really enjoyed reading it.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Katherine,
cute little bag and busy Friday Nicht Sew In for you. Nice post, really enjoyed reading it.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Jillian said...

Love the crisp look. I'm a big fan of calico. You seem to be on a sewing roll!

Josie said...

Gorgeous pouch Katherine. Love the linen with that pretty fabric. Amazing that you made it in 90 minutes.... you should sell the pattern.....:o) xx