Sunday 20 October 2013

Update

Now for a pictorial update on what I have been doing.  Must also go and update the OPAM list as there have been some finishes too.


 These two crochet scarves are made from the leftovers from the jelly dyed sock wool.

 This yarn was a bit of a flop but might knit up into a wrap quite nicely.  I used some cotton thread to which I had threaded clear beads but once the skein was washed it reacted differently than I anticipated.
 This one is white alpaca plyed with mottled grey merino.  Very pleased.

 Washed up two baby merino lamb fleeces.  Staple length is an average of 1.5" so will need to hit the drum carder to make some lovely soft batts.

 Mottled grey merino all washed up and ready to go.
 On my drying rack I have a white merino x poll dorset and across the front are some older wool rovings from the Bendigo Woollen Mills which have been dyed with Gaywool dyes.  Logwood, pumpkin and silver birch.



11 comments:

Claire said...

That jelly wool you dyed is just beautiful!

Rachelle said...

Ooh, looks like you'll be having heaps of fun! I probably should have been washing fleece today too, but youngest isn't 100% so we had a quiet day inside instead.

Mistea said...

Looks like lots of fun coming up for you.
Pretty projects from the jelly dyed yarns.

Noela said...

Love what you end up with after you dye the wool. Lovely colours and kniting. hugs......

Radka said...

Oh Katherine, I can see that you are into the wool in a very big way now :-)) Well done!

Monica said...

Both the jelly scarves look great. I really like that yarn!

What was it that didn't work out with the beaded yarn? It is hard to tell from the photo. But I can see, though, that the alpaca/merino yarn looks heavenly! Another busy week for you, Katherine!

Sisbabestitches said...

So loving the jelly dyed results :) Mind you, am liking the other dyed um bits (sorry forgotten the term- already) lovely colours :)

Anthea said...

Hi Katherine - I love love love the two jelly-dyed scarf - so pretty! Lots of wooly yums to see here... well done

marina said...

what lovely wooliness!

Jillian said...

I'm with Monica - the alpaca/merino looks fabulous and the jelly-died things are lovely. And more experiments to come!

Charlie and Wendy said...

Your knitting is beautiful!