Saturday 5 October 2013

An update

There has been some progress on Lance's socks.  I have this set finished and another well underway.  I thought I would keep knitting this wool until I run out so I will only have enough left for repairs down the track.  I am surprised at how many pairs I have from 150 grams of dyed tops plyed with black merino.  So the total will be three pairs!


While knitting on these I started the jelly dyed border leicester cross but Grace has found it too rough for her skin.  I find them very comfortable so I will have some nice thick bed socks and the remainder will become a scarf eventually.


So that meant we needed to go to Tongala so Grace could pick a colour for her socks.  She quite likes the merino blend as she was wondering around the house with one of Lance's socks on for a while lol.  Grace picked this lovely amethyst colour and has enough for socks and a scarf.  While I was there I picked up Ply's Autumn magazine and also two packets of white sock blend that I will dye over the summer. 


On Wednesday, which was cool and very windy, I went off to the Elmore Field Days and caught up with Colleen who had a stall.  Purchased this lovely bag of merino which she had dyed so it will either be some grey socks or perhaps a scarf/shawl arrangement.   Now I am just waiting on a white border leicester fleece and the fibre collection will be complete for quite some time.  Unlike fabric you have to get the raw fleeces at shearing time before you miss out.

Probably have another 40 mins spinning left on this before I can start a bobbin of brown to ply with it.  Yes more sock wool for Lance lol. 

Now Lance also bought me home this gorgeous little set and would you believe the saucer was actually broken right down the middle!  Can't tell since I fixed it.





I have also completed all my items for the Christmas swap and will hopefully get them wrapped up and posted over the next two weeks.  Yes my partner and I decided to send them when we completed them to avoid the Christmas madness lol.  I have already received mine and they are beautifully wrapped.  Can't wait until Christmas morning to see what is inside them.






11 comments:

Cheryll said...

You are the princess of socks...well done! Love the fact that all your swap gifts are done...you'll both have a wonderful "opening" day! :)

Mistea said...

Lots of lovely warm toes at your house.
Pretty socks from your jelly dyeing.
That purple fluff is looking delightful.
Enjoy your spinning.

Charlie and Wendy said...

Your socks look lovely and the yarns are beautiful. Love the purple.

Jillian said...

I really, really like Lance's socks and the bag of merino looks great - really enticing. The jelly socks are fun, one of my granddaughters would fall in love with that wool!

Fiona said...

Lance is very spoilt to have all those beautiful home made socks....
how sweet he rewarded you with a pretty tea cup set...
Hugz

Noela said...

Love the socks. How wonderful to have your gifts organised. I had better get a move on with mine. Hugs.....

Sharyn T said...

Love your socks, they look very comfy. Hat a temptation having your gifts already! Sharyn:)

Claire said...

I love looking at your knitting - it is so inspiring. If you ever want to finish the 2 pairs I have on the go just let me know :)

Anthea said...

Katherine you are the Knitting Queen! Good idea with the posting of Christmas swap parcels - what swap is that for?

Monica said...

I love how those jelly dyed socks turned out. Do you think you will do that again some time?

The grey merino you bought also looks very promising. I love those grey mix yarns, they seem so cozy!

barb's creations said...

WOW! You've been super busy with your sock producing, love them! Mmmm Christmas must get started with wrapping a few of my gifts now that you've prompted me with this post :) Barb.